Sunday, March 31, 2019

Disney's Grand Adventure

Today we explored Disney’s California Adventure.  We were impressed with how close it was to Disneyland.  It reminded us of Hollywood Studios, only bigger.  We started with the Goofy Sky Coaster and the Little Mermaid Ride.  Both were a lot of fun.  We then spent time in Pixar Land.  I didn’t think I’d be able to ride it, but I made it on their Mickey Mouse Ferris wheel which reminded me of the one on Navy Pier.  It was a little bit frightening, but overall better than I expected.  We opted out of the swinging carts.  I knew I couldn’t handle that.



Doug and I went to a wine seminar after the rides.  It was a lot better than the mixology one that we attended yesterday.  We both enjoyed it.  While we were there Cam and Meg rode several more rides including the Incredicoaster.  Once we met back up we tried a couple of foods at their International Food and Wine Festival including ghost pepper macaroni and cheese and fried artichokes.  We spent the rest of the day in Cars Land and thought it was a lot of fun, especially their Radiator Springs ride which mirrored Test Track at EPCOT.  The funniest ride of the day was at Mater’s Junkyard where we rode spinning tractors while Mater sang along.  We laughed the rest of the day about that one.





After ten hours at California Adventure, we went back to the Paradise Pier to eat in the lounge.  The appetizers were the same as yesterday, but the desserts made the meal.  The rest of the evening was spent at Disneyland where we were able to get on all of the rides that we missed yesterday.  My favorite was Alice in Wonderland.  There was nothing like it at Disney World.  

No comments:

Post a Comment