Tuesday, November 1, 2022

My Last Parent Teacher Conference

Tonight was parent-teacher conferences at Bethany.  Since they only have one per year, it was officially my last one ever.  I had originally thought about not even signing up as Cameron had A's in each of his classes.  Cameron said that he would appreciate it if I went and in the end I was glad that I did.  Each of his teacher's talked about his academics and how well he was doing in their respective classes.  Several inquired about his plans for next year - college, major, etc.  Almost all asked about how he was doing since coming back to school without Richard this year.  

That last question really hit home for me as I realized just how hard it was for Cameron to return to school without his best friend.  I was honest and told those who asked that it had been a struggle, especially the first month.  I appreciated their concern and especially the stories that his ceramics teacher, Christa, shared from their time in her class last spring.  Overall, it was a nice night and a wonderful way to end twenty-three straight years of parent-teacher conferences.  

No comments:

Post a Comment