Saturday, November 5, 2022

I Get By With a Little Help From My . . . Neighbors

Doug arrived home from Florida at 1:30 yesterday afternoon and by 3 p.m. we were out working on the yard.  Josh had raked up some of the leaves with his mower on Wednesday, but it was hard to even tell where he had been.  Roger and Darlene had offered to help that day as well, but I told them that Doug and I could get them this weekend.  Thankfully, they did not listen to me and as soon as we walked out the door with rakes and leaf blower in hand, they arrived armed with another blower and Roger riding his John Deere.  What would have taken us all night, the four of us were able to finish in a little over an hour.  Doug and I worked some more after they left and well before dark, we were done.  We even had time to enjoy the beautiful night with a bonfire.





Finishing the leaves left a lot of time today for the second project on our to-do list this weekend - painting Cameron's bathroom.  When I told Meg what we were doing, she wondered when the last time we had had actually done that.  She remembered back when it was a Dora bathroom and then a Peanuts/Mickey one, but not when it was any other color than blue.  Neither Doug nor I could remember the last time it was painted either, but definitely agreed that it needed it.  I got all of the prep work done for him, removing the Star Wars decals, spackling the holes and taping the areas that I could reach.  Doug was able to finish the painting in only a couple of hours.  Once we added in a new shower curtain, towels, bath mat and toothbrush holder set, it liked perfect.  Thankful to have both projects off of our list.





















No comments:

Post a Comment