Sunday, November 20, 2022

Another Day, Another Heinisch Home

Cal arrived late this afternoon just in time to watch some football and the IU basketball game.  Doug appreciated the company as Cameron had ditched him to attend the play at Bethany.  Meg and I were also busy as we wanted to watch Disenchanted, the long awaited sequel to Disney's Enchanted.  We enjoyed it very much and finished just before Cameron got home from the play.  He didn't really like the topic, but thought that his friends performed very well.  Doug and Cal had some good games to watch as while we were busy, so it was a fun afternoon for all.

Meg and Cameron wanted to celebrate my birthday tonight.  They each had gotten me a gift that they were sure that I would like the best and couldn't wait to give it to me.  We had talked about going out to dinner, but decided on ordering Chinese instead.  It was a good choice as the food was delicious.  My gifts were fantastic.  Cal gave me a new vodka to try.  Meg bought me a Charlie Brown "Happy Birthday" book and colorful bird earrings.  Cameron found a vintage Janis Joplin vinyl for me.  I appreciated all of the presents and honestly did not have a favorite.  It was just nice to celebrate together.  



We spent the rest of the night playing a trivia game and watching a movie.  Cameron trashed talked Meg throughout most of the game and then ended up losing to her by one point.  We all got a kick out of that.  Cal chose a Russell Crowe movie for us afterward that we had never seen - The Nice Guys.  Both the game and movie were great and we all enjoyed our evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment