Monday, October 31, 2022

This is Halloween - 1998 to 2022

Tonight we celebrated our 25th Halloween on Sunset Dr.  It was a low key event compared to those in the past.  The rain must have scared the Trick or Treaters away as we only had about half as many as in the past.  It was also quiet because Cameron was not home tonight.  He had a scrimmage for the girls' basketball team to attend this evening.  My parents did join me for the holiday, but overall there wasn't much to it.  I talked to Doug, Brett, Cal and Meg this evening and they all had a very relaxed night as well.  The activities of Halloweekend had been the peak of their holiday celebration.

The biggest highlight of the night for me was the post that I made on Facebook showcasing all of the  Halloweens that we have celebrated since we moved to Syracuse in 1998.  I had at least one picture from each year with some of the Heinisch children's favorite costumes.  Meg as Dora, Cameron as Boots, Brett as Captain Hook and Cal as the Crocodile were some of the ones that made my heart smile.  I loved looking back at all of the homemade costumes as well.  It was obvious that I had passed my love of Halloween on to all four of my children.  I also enjoyed all of the comments on the post, some asking if we planned to move and others emphasizing the importance of a Woopie Cushion costume to Cal's wardrobe.  Overall, it was a very fun post to make and I will look forward to seeing it in my memories next year no matter where we live.  































No comments:

Post a Comment