Tuesday, November 15, 2022

A Birthday on the Road

 We were up early this morning and on the road by 4:45 a.m.  Our flight didn't leave until 7:55, but after seeing the line at the TSA check-in on Saturday, we wanted to be there in plenty of time for our departure.  Even though it was 6 a.m. when we arrived, there was already a long line.  Somehow, we got moved to the online reservation area and made it through in only a half hour.  I was very glad as I know that it could have been double that time had we not gotten the advantage.  

Our plane was at the gate when we got to the terminal.  I was happy that we were all boarded and ready to go well ahead of time.  Unfortunately after a couple of minutes of sitting, the captain came on to let us know that the air conditioning in the back of the plane was not working correctly.  As a passenger I could have cared less about that, especially since we were flying back to the frigid north.  It must have been a big deal to him, however, as we had to disembark and wait for another plane.  It was well over an hour before we were seated again, but we did finally take off at 9:20.  The flight was relatively easy and by 11:35 a.m. we had touched down at the Indianapolis Airport.  

Cameron and I said goodbye to Brett on the economy parking lot bus.  He was glad to only have an hour drive back to Bloomington and not much on the schedule for the afternoon.  I was happy to see that the weather was clear for the rest of the day.  Cameron decided that he would drive home.  He did a nice job navigating the interstate and construction on US 31.  We stopped in Kokomo for lunch at Five Guys Burgers and Fries - Cameron's choice.  It was very good.  After that, Cameron thought it would be best if he drove straight to Bethany.  Because of the plane delay he wouldn't be able to make it to Michael's class, but he could still catch the bus to the girls' game against Central Noble.  Thankfully, Grandma Jane could pick me up in Milford, so he didn't have to stop in Syracuse first.

While Cameron was keeping stats at the ball game, I spent my evening unpacking and relaxing.  I also talked to Meg, Brett and Doug.  I then read all of the birthday posts on Facebook and answered all of the birthday texts that I had gotten from my friends and family.  I especially appreciated the ones that I gotten from Meg and Cal.  Doug had given me a card before I left which was very nice, and Brett and Cameron both wished me a Happy Birthday in person.  My mom had left a gift for me on the table to open.  It was an adorable Peanuts nativity scene.  It was definitely an exhausting 54th birthday, but a special one indeed.  



No comments:

Post a Comment