Thursday, November 10, 2022

Flash Back to the Past

Tonight was the annual fall Bethany music program.  Just like in past years, it had to be held off campus as the school's auditorium was already set up for the play to be performed later this month.  Last year we were in the chapel at Goshen College.  It was nice, but with the circular pew seating it was a little challenging to see the entire ensemble.  

This year I was pleased to hear that they were having the program at the newly opened Goshen Theater.  I hadn't been in the theater since I was in high school.  I had heard that they had spent quite a bit of time renovating it this past year and was very curious to see the inside.  I was not disappointed with the update.  The seats had been replaced, everything had been painted and the lobby had been completely redone.  It was very nice and the perfect place to watch the program.  The Bethany band and orchestra played very well and the jazz band performed one of my favorite songs - Jericho.  Cameron told us later that there were some hiccups in the choral portion of tonight's program, but other than that all went very well.  I definitely appreciated it being held at the Goshen Theater.  






No comments:

Post a Comment