Monday, November 7, 2022

IU Basketball is Back - Hopefully

Tonight was the much anticipated official opener for the Indiana University Men's Basketball team.  There has already been a lot of hype about this team as they had played two exhibition matches and had looked really good.  Even so, I definitely didn't want to get my hopes up.  We have been left heartbroken for way too many years to fall into that trap again.  Thus, when we couldn't watch the game because it was on a streaming app that we did not have, I really didn't mind.  I would have hated to see the Hoosiers lose to Morehead State.  

Doug and I did decided to listen to Don Fisher call the game on SiriusXM radio.  I knew that even if we played bad, he would find something positive to say.   Overall, the game went way better than I would have expected and IU won by 35 points.  Even with the convincing win, I won't let my expectations run wild.  It's way too early in the season for that.  One added bonus to the IU victory was the fact that the Archie Miller coached Rhode Island team last to a nobody last night.  Hoo, Hoo, Hoo, Hoosiers!

No comments:

Post a Comment