Wednesday, November 16, 2022

The Winter Blues

Well, it's only mid-November and everyone is already singing the winter blues.  We went from 70 degree weather last week to snow and cold this week.  From what I've read, this will be a cold, snowy weather.  No one is happy about that, but it's part of living in the Midwest and a huge reason why Doug and I want to move South.  

Cameron told me the other day that he really doesn't enjoy cold weather and driving in the snow isn't that much fun.  He also said that if one day all I ever talk to him about is the weather, then he's done contacting me.  We both laughed at that.  I assured him that that wouldn't happen as I didn't really like talking about the weather either.

Thankfully, I've been able to keep up with most of what the Heinisch children are interested in talking about.  Thus, our topics range from the latest music release to the biggest football game of the weekend.  I've also had great conversations with them about historical figures, movies and our favorite Tik Toks.  I may mispronounce a name or two, but I hope that I never grow too old to learn about what interests them.  That will always keep the conversation flowing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment