Monday, August 9, 2021

The Last Day of Summer Break

 Today was the last day of summer break for Cameron.  We couldn't plan a big activity as he had a doctor's appointment at 2 p.m. and tennis from 4 to 6 tonight.  In honor of the day, however, I asked him to choose our lunch menu.  After thinking over all of the choices, he picked Panda Express.  I was definitely onboard with that as we hadn't eaten there since Cameron had tennis lessons last winter.  Meg and Cal were happy with the choice as well.  After ordering online, Cam drove Meg and I over to pick up the food.  On the trip we found out that Meg had never tried Panda Express.  It was an instant hit with her.  The rest of us enjoyed our meals as well.

By the time Cameron got home from tennis, Meg had left for West Lafayette with Nick, and Cal was at Hannah Marie's.  With Doug in Florida for the week that left only Cameron and I for dinner.  We decided to celebrate a successful summer break with Taco Bell and a few episodes of Seinfeld.  Cameron let me know that he had had a fun summer, but was definitely ready to go back to school.  I told him that I couldn't believe how fast the summer had flown by, but was happy that he was ready for his junior year.  I know that it will still be somewhat altered due to the fast spreading Delta variant of the COVID-19 virus, but there should be a lot more activities for him to participate in this year especially since his has been vaccinated.  That coupled with the ability to drive should help Cameron to stay busy all school year long.

No comments:

Post a Comment