Sunday, August 8, 2021

A Quiet Afternoon

Doug and I were up early so that we could take a long walk on the WACF before he had to leave for Indy.  I really enjoyed it.  We got in four miles well before the hot and humid afternoon started and had a chance to talk about our fall plans.  He left around 1:30 for the airport and I headed over to Grandma's to work on boxing up the leftovers from the garage sale.  It took longer than I thought it would as I had to take off all of the tags, but I actually made more progress than I expected.  Overall, I was impressed with how much we got rid of and the fact that we were able to bring in $1000 all together.  

While Doug was driving and I was busy boxing up our items, Meg and Cam spent the afternoon in Fort Wayne shopping.  Cameron wanted to pick out some earrings for when he can change out his studs and he also needed some new shoes for school.  They were successful on their trip and even had time to eat dinner at Portillo's before returning home.  

Cal was at the Lamles all afternoon enjoying time on the lake.  Hannah Marie arrived home from the Keys late last night.  He had planned on stopping by Grandma and Grandpa's but ended up getting back too late.  Cameron and I enjoyed watching Seinfeld with him before everyone headed to bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment