Friday, August 20, 2021

There She Goes, Ready for Junior Year

Meg left this morning at 10 a.m. ready for her junior year to start.  She was excited about seeing her friends, having class on campus this semester and attending activities through her church.  I  had had a wonderful day eating lunch at McAllister's and shopping in South Bend with her yesterday.  She introduced me to TJ Maxx which I loved and helped me pick out Anna's birthday gift as well as a new pair of Adidas for myself.  Thus,  I was sad to see her go today, but I knew that she was ready.  Grandma also came up to say goodbye and Rizzo reluctantly bid her farewell in addition.  Meg told him that she didn't know if he'd make it until she came back in November.  That seemed so far away, but I knew that we would be able to see her several times before then.  




I talked to Meg several times on the way down and was glad that she was able to successfully meet Nick and navigate the Friday traffic.  This semester will be busy with 300 level accounting classes and internship interviews.  So far she has been able to handle the challenges of the Kelley Business School.  I know that she will be able to that this year as well.  

While Meg was walking around campus tonight with her friend Emma, we were having a bonfire and discussing our upcoming trips to Bloomington with Cameron.  Meg must have know that I was thinking of her as I got a text letting me know that she was thankful that she was no longer a freshmen trying to navigate welcome week.  I was glad to hear that, but even more grateful when I read, "I miss you guys!"  We definitely missed her too.


No comments:

Post a Comment