Tuesday, August 24, 2021

A Quiet Day on the Heinisch Front

Today was one of the quietest days in the Heinisch home that I could remember.  With Doug in Ocala and Cameron busy with extracurricular activities, I was the only one home until 10:30 tonight.  It did get a little lonely around dinner time, but I made the most of my time alone working on my photo album, feeding the birds, washing bedding and exercising.  I didn't go outside much after lunch as the heat index was well over 100 degrees.  Just stepping on the front porch took my breath away.  Being inside all afternoon did make me feel a little bit claustrophobic, but once I opened my bedroom window I felt a lot better.

I realized this afternoon that days like this one would become more common with everyone out of the house, Cameron busy with school and Doug traveling so much.  Today, I was thankful that I had projects to keep me busy.  I also appreciated phone calls from Brett and Meg and texts from Cal.  The first two had busy days at work and school and were glad for a free evening to relax.  Cal had introduced me to the HBO series "The Wire."  I really enjoyed watching it this afternoon and texting him about my favorite characters.  Doug didn't have to work as late this evening, so he had time to go over our fall plans.  It will definitely get a lot busier in the next few months with trips to Florida and Bloomington along with all of the tennis and football weekends on the schedule.  

Even though it was a little boring here this evening, I was extremely happy that Cameron was able to spend the evening with his friends after practice at the Bethany vs. Northridge soccer match.  It was the first time that we had let him drive to Middlebury.  Thankfully, Sam rode along and all went well.  Five of them ate dinner at Culver's in Goshen after the game.  He filled me in on the details once he arrived home.  It sounded like a lot of fun.  We both headed to bed shortly after our conversation.  It may have been a quiet day in the Heinisch home, but an enjoyable one just the same.  

No comments:

Post a Comment