Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Weight Watchers Revisited

When I saw Dr. Freeze in April I talked to her about my inability to lose weight even though I watched what I ate and exercised an hour+ everyday.  When I had mentioned it last year, she had encouraged me to put in 150 minutes of cardio exercise a week and take Furosemide for swelling.  It made a little bit of difference, but not as much as I would have expected for as hard as I was working at it.  She decided to do blood work to see if I was insulant resistant as that could be the cause of my inability to lose weight.  The tests results came back right away and I was labeled as insulant resistant by 0.1%.  My choices were to take medication which had some severe intestinal issues or lose twenty pounds.  As I talked to the nurse I realized that I really didn't have a choice.  I hated the thought of the side effects of the medication and had had success with Weight Watchers in the past, so I chose the weight loss plan.  

Although I tried to talk myself out of it, I started my joined Weight Watchers yesterday.  As I measured out my two tablespoons of Zesty Italian salad dressing for lunch, Meg said that the plan was perfect for me.  I knew that she was right as I like to be organized and WW let me track everything I ate.  I was also able to sync my FitBit to the WW app which will keep track of my activity level and gave me Fit Points.  I was definitely hungry the last two days, but happy to see that it was already working.  My goal was to lose 27 pounds.  I hope to be able to accomplish that this summer.  I'm still not excited about going back on Weight Watchers, but I know that it will be worth it in the end.  

No comments:

Post a Comment