Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Homeward Bound

Doug and I were up at 4:30 a.m. this morning in order for him to take me to the Orlando Airport for my 8:50 a.m. flight.  I was glad that we left early as the traffic was already heavy and the signs into the terminal were confusing.  Once Doug dropped me off, it was a little challenging for me to get both of my suitcases and my backpacks into the check-in area, but I made it through there and security in plenty of time for my flight.  The airplane was supposed to be completely filled, so I was incredibly glad that there was an open seat next to me when the doors closed and our flight began.  I was also pleased to be able to watch "News of the Day" through the Southwest app once we took off.  I had wanted to rent the Tom Hanks western when it first came out, but no one else was interested.  I really enjoyed it and it was a great way to take my mind off of the heavy turbulence that we encountered.  

Even though they were both non-stop flights, the one on the way home took quite a bit longer than the one going to Orlando.  I then had some problems finding the correct bus after the luggage arrived.  Fortunately, the bus driver was extremely nice and dropped me off at my car since it was raining.  My GPS routed me a different way home than the one that Doug usually took.  He called while I was trying to navigate the area around the airport and had me take his way.  It was a little longer, but it was a safer and easier trip for me.  

I forgot how incredibly hectic traffic was in Chicago, but after an hour or so I was at the rest stop on the Indiana toll road.  I had decided to skip lunch so I could get back quicker.  I was glad that I did as traffic on the toll road was backed up for quite a few miles.  Once I got through the Valparaiso area the roads opened up and I was able to make it home before 4 p.m.  It was cold and rainy on the drive, but the weather was a little better in Syracuse.  I was glad to hear that Cam still had practice as I know that he wanted to play golf today.  I had just enough time to unpack the Pilot before he pulled in to the driveway.  I was very happy to see him.  We spent the rest of the night catching up.  He really liked his new M & M shirt, golf balls and deck of cards.  We enjoyed pizza for dinner and watched a few episodes of Seinfeld.  

No comments:

Post a Comment