Monday, May 31, 2021

Hate to See It End

For the past few months I have absolutely hated seeing the weekends come to an end.  This weekend was even more challenging since it was a three day holiday.  I had had a lot of fun with Cameron, Meg and Doug this weekend and was sad to see it end.  I hadn't felt this way about Sunday nights since I was  teaching.  It was worse then as I absolutely hated going back to school.  

I'm not sure if this Sunday night feeling of dread started again because Doug began traveling to Winco or because of all of the projects that we have going on in our home.  There are definitely days that I feel like all I do is clean and organize.  That's why I enjoy the weekends so much.  It's a break from all that we need to get done in order to downsize.  

When I felt this way while I was teaching, we would spend Sunday nights going out to dinner.  It was a great way to relax before the work week started.  I don't really want to go out to dinner again, but I have been trying to find a different way to enjoy Sunday nights without dreading the rest of the week.  That includes eating out on the back porch, having a bonfire, watching a movie, taking a walk or playing a game.  It has helped, but I'm not quite all the way there yet.  I'll just keep working on it and look forward to all that we already have planned this summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment