Monday, May 10, 2021

Non-Stop Action

Today was a busy one in the Heinisch home.  Everyone had plenty on their agenda and by the end of the day I was absolutely exhausted.  Doug woke Cal up when he left for work, so he could workout before he logged on to his day at Plante Moran.  Cam spent his time before school looking for a pair of jeans, before realizing that all of his pants were actually in the van.  He had been using it as a changing area before practice and hadn't brought in his laundry.  Fortunately, he found a pair that would work for today.  Meg was up early for her orthodontist appointment.  I rode along with her so that we could go to the grocery store afterward.  We were both thrilled to learn that she was on schedule to have her braces removed next week.  Our time at Walmart was shorter than I would have thought as we hadn't bought groceries in several days.  

The afternoon was spent unloading groceries, catching up on laundry, and picking up the house.  Doug had made plenty of food for dinner last night, which saved us all time when making lunch today.  During his lunch break Cal found time to also take a short walk.  It was a cool day so I was glad that he was able to put his new M & M Disney Spring lounge pants that we found him on our recent trip to Florida to good use.  Meg left right after lunch to go to Amanda's.  She hadn't had a professional haircut in a year and a half and took advantage of it by cutting off several inches.  She also got her ears pierced for the second time.  I was happy for her as she had been talking about it for quite some time.  She was then able to get a good start on her homework before leaving for Nick's for dinner.

Cameron had a match against Wawasee at Tippecanoe Country Club tonight.  He was excited about it and I was glad that Doug was able to see this one as well.  In the end Cameron was disappointed with his play tonight feeling that it was well below his personal best.  Doug and he talked about a few holes that were a struggle for him.  I was just happy that he still shot a 45 even with two triple bogies.  The course played short tonight, but the greens were tough making the score good enough for second individually.  The rest of Bethany played well which was awesome to see.  

Doug picked up Subway and Pizza Hut on the way home to help alleviate our busy schedule.  Cal had asked for a haircut, so as soon as I was done eating dinner, I started on that.  I was nervous to cut his hair as he had had it professionally done recently and I didn't want to mess it up.  I was glad that it still looked nice when we finished.  Doug also wanted a haircut before he left for his trip tomorrow.  His was definitely easier to cut.  He had told me that he had notice a lot more gray hair recently.  As I cut it I realized that he was correct, but fortunately with his short hairstyle, none of the gray showed when I was done.  I remembered Jeanette telling me that she didn't start coloring her hair until she was 52 further showing how much Doug favors his mom's side of the family.  The rest of our evening was spent watching Scream with Cal and trying his lemon vodka.  He had never seen the movie and enjoyed it just as much as we did.  The vodka was delicious as well, but most importantly we were glad to spend time with Cal.  It was the perfect way to end a hectic day for all of us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment