Friday, May 21, 2021

"In My Life, I've Loved You More"


Today Doug and I celebrated our 28th anniversary.  Although expensive gifts and weekend get-a-ways long left our anniversary festivities, we did have a wonderful day together.  We decided a month ago not to get anything for each other and instead put the money towards the flowers in our yard.  Even though we planted them last weekend, we still each ended up with a gift today.  Doug purchased a beautiful bouquet for me from our preferred florist in Bristol and I found his favorite Ghirardelli's for him.  We also enjoyed the salads he made for dinner with watermelon for dessert.  Doug and I spent a good portion of the evening outside taking a long walk, playing Ticket to Ride and having a bonfire.  Cam joined us once he got home from the golf course which we greatly appreciated.  We ended the night watching the Warriors lose to the Grizzlies in the last NBA play-in game.  It was the perfect way to celebrate our life together.  



I don't normally say too much on FaceBook about our anniversary, but today I felt the urge to post a few of our weeding pictures.  We received a lot of likes and the well wishes under each one of the photos were very nice to read.  The picture that received the most attention, however, was the one outside of the church.  I don't know if the photographer took one like that for all of the weddings he did, but I always appreciated ours.  It was a great reminder of all of the love and support that we received as we started our life together.  Doug and I had long realized that the wedding day was the easiest part of being married.  It takes a lot of hard work to make a marriage a success and I am proud of the family that we have created.  








No comments:

Post a Comment