Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Dental Cleaning - Woo Hoo!

My last visit to the dentist was just before the lock down in our area began in March of 2020.  I really wanted my teeth cleaned, but had been putting it off because of the fear of contracting Covid.  All of the Heinisch children had gone in December without any issues, but every time I would think about making an appointment a wave of new positive cases would hit our area.  According to the CDC, the risk of going to the dentist was always on the medium to high level, so I decided that my teeth could wait.

I was concerned that my visit today would be a long one due to my time away from the dental chair. Thankfully, that was not the case and I had a really great check up.  I had gotten a Water Pik for Christmas and I believe that it had made a big difference.  I enjoyed catching up with the hygienist, the office manager and Dr. Mayden.  I had been going to the same dentist since I was in college, so I  know the staff very well.  Although my face was swollen by the end of the night due to the minimal interaction with latex, I was happy to finally have my teeth cleaned by a professional.  Not only did they look and feel better, I also celebrated it as one more step toward the return to our pre-pandemic life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment