Thursday, April 15, 2021

Well, That Was Disappointing

 Doug worked from home today as he had a health care meeting in Warsaw to attend first thing this morning.  It was nice to have him here even though he was busy for most of the day.  We planned on going to Cameron's match at Black Squirrel together, but found out that Cameron would need a ride to the golf course.  Thus, I left for Bethany at 3:10 with several layers of clothes for Cameron as well as hand warmers.  The temperature was in the upper forties, which wasn't too cold, but I wanted to be prepared.  I also wore a few extra layers and brought a winter coat as well.  

I dropped Cam at the golf course and saw his coach and a few Goshen and Elkhart players there as well.  I told Cameron that I was going to run to Menards to pick up a few items and would be back well before the match started.  While I was shopping, my phone rang.  I saw it was Cameron and figured that he needed something else.  I was completely surprised when I heard him say that the match was postponed until next week.  I texted Doug right away so that he wouldn't leave Syracuse, bought the Snapple in my cart and headed back to Black Squirrel.  To say that Cameron was disappointed was an understatement.  He was more than ready to play and hoping to repeat his performance on Monday night.  Doug and I were absolutely floored that the match was postponed.  In all of the years that we had been attending golf matches and tournaments we could think of only a couple of events that were postponed or cancelled, especially after the teams had arrived.  Those were done because of heavy rains or freezing temperatures with snow.  As a former coach Doug said that he would have definitely pushed everyone to play.  It's hard to come up with an alternative date and the weather could once again be an issue.  

On the way home the temperature hit fifty degrees and the sun shone through the clouds.  Cameron decided to use the free night to play at Maxwelton.  Unfortunately, there was a match in progress when we arrived, so he headed home instead.  It wasn't the night he had hoped to have.  We tried to make the best of it, but not much made it any better.  Hopefully, the weather warms up and this is the last of the schedule changes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment