Sunday, April 4, 2021

A Beautiful Easter

Today was the warmest Easter that I could remember in all of our years of living in Indiana.  It actually reminded me of the ones that we had celebrated when we visited Florida over spring break.  We took advantage of the warm weather by enjoying a picnic at Oliver Winery.  We hadn't been there since last November and it was surprisingly not very crowded.  We made time to walk around campus this afternoon as well.  Brett had to work at Bell Trace and Meg needed to study so we cut our afternoon short, but it sure was gorgeous while we were outside.  


Brett, Cam and Meg did make time to open their Easter baskets before Cam and I headed back to Syracuse.  It was the first year since 1997 that there was not an egg hunt in the Heinisch family.  That felt a little strange, but the tradition had to end sometime and it made sense for it to happen this year.  I was happy that Doug, Meg and Brett were able to attend Easter mass together this evening at St. Paul's.  Last year we watched it on television and it just wasn't the same.  It wasn't feasible for Cam and I to go this time, but hopefully we will be able to return to church soon.  

I drove the first half of our trip home.  It was more crowded than I expected it to be, especially on state road 67.  Cameron picked up the driving duty once we got to Westfield.  We got detoured on the way home and ended up having to drive through Warsaw.  It took a little longer, but as an added bonus we were able to pick up Subway for dinner.  It was the only Subway open in the area due to the holiday, so we felt thankful for the rerouted path.  It was after 8 before we arrived and I still wanted to get in some steps before dark.  Thus, the van didn't get unloaded until dark.  Doug called to let us know that he and Brett went to Upland Brewery for dinner.  Cam and I would have enjoyed that, but he was ready to get home and I already had my vaccine appointment scheduled for tomorrow.  I definitely didn't want to miss that.  It was a wonderful weekend in Bloomington.  We're hoping to get to spend more like it in the near future.


No comments:

Post a Comment