Thursday, April 8, 2021

Patio Furniture - New & Repurposed

At the end of last summer I asked Doug what he thought about giving Brett some of our patio chairs from the back deck.  I was ready to replace some of ours and thought they'd be perfect for his balcony.  Brett had made good use of our old white plastic chairs during grad school and at his current apartment, but they had become stained from the years of use and the standing water that ran off of his room when it rained.  Doug was the one who actually used them the most and I thought they'd work better for him.  Doug agreed, so I sent pictures of them to Brett.  He really liked them and we made plans to get them to him.  As the time drew nearer for our trip to IU I remembered that Meg would have a balcony as well in her new apartment.  Thus, more chairs went on the list to send to Bloomington.

While returning a router to Target that we bought but did not need, Doug found some pretty blue patio chairs that matched our red ones out back.  They were a great price and we discussed buying them to replace the ones that we took to B-Town.  I had hoped to pick them up Easter weekend, but they were out of them.  Once I realized that they were a hot commodity I ordered them right away from Goshen and was thankful that Cam was available to help me pick them up.  They looked great with our table and after I moved the light blue chairs from the front porch to the back we once again had enough seating for everyone on the deck plus chairs for our bonfire pit.






All of the rearranging of patio furniture left a hole on the front porch.  I had always wanted white, wooden rockers to match the railing around our porch and decided to check Menards and Walmart to see what they had available.  I didn't have any luck at the first stop, but Walmart had exactly what I was looking for and for the perfect price.  They only had one rocker available, but I would be able to order two online.  I showed them to Doug and he thought they'd be perfect, so I ordered them right away.  There was a delay in shipping, but thankfully they both arrived unharmed by the middle of this week.  I decided that I would try to put them together so that Doug wouldn't have to when he got home.  Cam was available to help if I needed him, but once I figured out the Allen key I had no problems and soon we had a wonderful area to sit at on our front porch.


No comments:

Post a Comment