Monday, April 5, 2021

On the Road to Being Fully Vaccinated

 I had been waiting for this day for the past month.  My second Moderna vaccine was scheduled for this afternoon.  I was so excited for it that I showed up forty minutes early.  Most of the workers weren't even back from lunch when I walked in to the Noble County Library.  When I arrived, the parking lot was empty and I was afraid that I had the wrong date.  Thankfully, that was not the case and a volunteer went ahead and registered me early.  One of the paramedics was there as well and offered to start the vaccines.  He was as happy to give it to me as I was to receive it.  They only had me wait for fifteen minutes this time as I did not have an adverse reaction to the first shot.  I stayed a little longer than that just to be sure.  I did feel some allergy issues on the way home, but once I took the bandaid off, I was fine.  I know that the bandaids are "not made with latex", but they really seem to bother me anyway.  

The drive home went well.  I felt so incredibly blessed to have come full circle in this pandemic.  It's hard to believe that a year ago our whole world changed so drastically and now I was vaccinated against this unknown virus.  I wished that everyone would take the chance on the vaccine, but for now was just content that I was one of the 1.2 million Hoosiers that had become fully vaccinated.  I was also proud of the fact that Meg, Brett and Doug were part of that statistic as well and that Cal and Cam were on their way there as well.  



Because of all of the feedback that Doug and I had heard from those who had the Moderna shot, I expected side effects from the second dose.  By the time I finished watching Baylor beat Gonzaga in the Men's NCAA basketball tournament late this evening, the only side effect that I did have was pain at the injection site.  I hoped that it would stay that way as I had been worried all along about the racing heartbeat and migraines that others had talked about.  Those were two side effects that I really did not want.  Although it would be well worth to avoid the coronavirus.

No comments:

Post a Comment