Sunday, April 18, 2021

The Ups and Downs of Spring Weather

The past few days have been fairly cold here which has been a sharp contrast to the weather we had over spring break.  I don't know if it was the near 80 degree temperatures that we had then or my impatience for spring to arrive for good, but the past few days have been kind of depressing as far as the weather has been concerned.  We've actually had to break out our winter coats for a good part of the day when were outside.  

Today was the exception to the crummy weather pattern as it ended up being absolutely gorgeous by mid afternoon.  Doug and I took several walks and he even mowed part of the front yard.  Cameron spent the entire afternoon at the golf course without even having to use hand warmers.  Meg called to let me know that it was so nice there that she decided to get out of her apartment for awhile and take a study break just to enjoy the sunshine.  

Unfortunately, the weather forecast for the upcoming week predicted a drastic turn from today.  Although tomorrow would start off nice, the temperatures for the rest of the week were dismal and there was even talk of snow on Tuesday.  As the freeze warning for Monday night came across my phone tonight I thought about all of those individuals that planted flowers over spring break.  As beautiful as they looked and as much as I wanted to join them, I'm glad in the end that we decided to wait.  Spring is by far the most fickle of the four seasons in Indiana and this year has been no exception.  

No comments:

Post a Comment