Monday, April 26, 2021

A Long Time Coming

 Today I did something that I hadn't done since March 6th, 2020.  I finally got a real haircut.  I was definitely ready to get one and wished that I could have gone earlier, but every time I thought about making an appointment, the pandemic would rear its ugly head and I would delay it.  I finally decided that the numbers of positive Covid cases in our county would probably never change, so I waited until after I had been fully vaccinated to call AK Hare.  I did cut my own hair twice during the past year.  The front was easy to take a couple of inches off and it actually didn't look to bad, but the back was driving me absolutely crazy.  Even if Meg had been here to trim it for me as she had been in the winter, I still would have made an appointment.  It needed professional help.

This morning I did try to talk myself out of going.  Both Brett and Meg told me that there wasn't any reason to worry since I had been vaccinated.  Once I explained that I was actually more worried about have to  interact with those outside of our home, they completely understood.  I don't go very many places, so it was a huge step for me.  Thankfully, I've known Amanda since high school and once I got there it was easy to fall right back into our normal conversations and I was happy to catch up with her.  She was also very strict about mask wearing which made me feel a lot more comfortable.  In the end I was extremely glad that I went.  My hair looked so much better and as an added bonus I was able to finally get my lip waxed.  I was so tired of taking care of it myself.  



No comments:

Post a Comment