Saturday, June 1, 2024

Walk Down Memory Lane

Yesterday afternoon, I headed to Meadowvalley Golf Course to catch up with Cameron and Tristan.  They were there to watch the Bethany boys golf team compete in sectionals.  They picked me up at the clubhouse and dropped me off on hole number seven so that I could see the team play the last three holes.  It brought back so many fun memories of Cameron's golf seasons at Bethany.  I also got to visit with Noah's mom, Cameron's golf coaches and even Cameron's tennis coach who had a son playing on the team.  It was extremely nice to find out how everyone's year had been.  Cameron had really enjoyed being an assistant coach this spring and I had fun watching the last few holes with him.  Although none of the boys advanced to regionals, I was glad that they were all still able to celebrate at the usual end of the season party at Jon's lake house.

Last night while was Cameron was enjoying the golf party, I texted Paula to see what she was up to that evening.  She had finished her last day of school at Wawasee and I wondered if she wanted company.  She was enjoying her back patio and invited me over right away.  It was such a lovely evening and I so enjoyed hearing about her plans for the summer, her last day of school and her ideas for the future.  We also talked about topics of the past and experiences that we both had in common.  It was a wondefrul night.

Today, I enjoyed another walk down memory lane.  While I was at Paula's last night, she told me that Debbie was in town and that our old group of Milford teachers were meeting at the Frog for lunch this afternoon.  Paula suggested that I show up and surprise them all.  I wasn't sure at first if I should, but I was so glad that I did.  It was just like the years had melted away.  The last time we all taught together was in 2017, but it seemed like only yesterday.  We talked about our current lives, our teaching days and our summer plans.  It was so much fun and a lot easier to say goodbye this time as we should all be back together soon as Mary is planning Paula's retirement party on a day in July when I will be in Indiana again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment