Sunday, June 23, 2024

Lots of Fun for Everyone

Brett and Karen arrived in Syracuse yesterday morning.  He wanted her to meet Grandma and Grandpa and to show her his hometown.  I heard from Brett and Grandma today.  They all had a great time.  They walked to the Frog for lunch and afterward Brett took Karen on a tour of Syracuse.  Grandpa then took them on a historical boat ride around Lake Wawasee.  Today, they went to mass at St. Martin's before having breakfast with Grandma and Grandpa in North Webster.  Brett was exhausted once he got back to Bloomington, but incredibly happy with his weekend.  He texted me later that he forgot how much he loved Pizza King.  He might be the only one who really still feels that way, but I was happy to hear it just the same.






Brett wasn't the only one in Syracuse this weekend.  Meg and Nick spent Saturday night in Jimtown working on wedding plans.  Today, they spent some time catching up with Grandma and Grandpa before heading back to Chicago.  They even met up with Rachel and Alex for a little while, who had just gotten engaged themselves last night.  I was glad to hear that they liked the new chicken friend that I bought for them.






Cal didn't make it to Indiana this weekend, but he did have a great time on a golf trip with his friends.  He texted me multiple times filling me on his rounds and what they were up to at his friend's lake house in Michigan.  He was proud of the 86 that he shot on Friday and even happier with his two man scramble win on Saturday.  I know that he was very concerned about the weekend before he left.  I was very happy to hear that it went well.

After hearing from Brett, Meg and Cal today, I was just so incredibly thankful that everyone wanted to share with me about their weekend.  They all had fun in different ways and I loved the stories that they had to share.  The best part about being a mom of adult children is knowing that they are enjoying life.  This weekend was a good reminder of that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment