Saturday, June 8, 2024

Bloomington

Grandma and I met Meg in Plymouth last night so that I could ride with her to Bloomington for the weekend.  I hadn't seen Brett since March and was excited to spend some time with him today and tomorrow.  Since he was with Sean last night, I invited Meg and her friend, Mallory, to go with me to Social Cantina for dinner.  It was Meg's favorite restaurant in Bloomington and I hadn't been there in quite some time.  I enjoyed not only the food, but the conversation as well as the girls filled me in on their lives and I told them about the book, College Girl Missing, which occurred just blocks from where we were sitting.  

I saw Meg and Nick today, but spent the majority of it with Brett.  He had a meeting with representative, Dave Hall, this morning which I did not go to, but after that I cut his hair, ate lunch with him at Pot Belly's, did some shopping on Kirkwood and attended the "Craft Fair on the Square."  It was a fun afternoon hanging out, spending time together and catching up on life.  Brett's had a lot of awesome things happen recently and I loved listening to him talk about them.  


While Brett was helping set up for the church picnic, I hung out at his apartment and rested.  Meg and Nick stopped by to show me what they had bought and tell me about their day.  They made plans to go to a Speak Easy with Mallory tonight which sounded like a lot of fun.  Meg told me about a beer that they could order with a personalized picture on top.  It sounded really neat.




Once Brett got home this evening, we finished a few projects that Brett had wanted to get done, but hadn't had time to finish.  Afterward, we went to see the new Garfield movie.  It was super cute and I liked it very much.  We then hung out at his apartment watching episodes of Bluey and The Muppet Show.  It was a great day to be in Bloomington and well worth the trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment