Wednesday, June 26, 2024

An Unexpected Surprise

I was super depressed on Monday and couldn't figure out why.  Yesterday morning, I finally understood what was causing me to feel down in the dumps.  It was my dentist appointment.  I really didn't want to go.  I knew that I still had work that needed to be completed for my mouth to be healthy, but the pain and cost were really bothering me.  I didn't realize how much it bothered me until the phone rang yesterday at 9 a.m.  The dentist had to cancel my appointment due to an electrical outage.  I had never been happier.  I would still have to go on July 8th, but at least it was averted for now.

Cameron and I took advantage of the free time by watching more of our favorite daytime games shows including Price is Right, Match Game, Switch, Split Second and $100,000 Pyramid.  It wasn't the only thing that we did yesterday.  We also got groceries and ran to Wawa for coffee.  We had plans to go to Gainesville, but the touch up paint on the Accord wasn't finished.  Instead, we enjoyed Doug's macaroni and cheese followed by a few rounds of ping pong.  We talked Cameron into watching Stand By Me as well.  It was more sad than I remembered, but we all enjoyed it quite a bit.  It was a great way to end an unexpected relaxing day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment