Sunday, June 30, 2024

Family Day

Cameron, Doug and I had a lot of fun in Naples the past two days.  We took a walk on the beach and tried several new restaurants.  The beach was beautiful.  Cameron and I really appreciated the soft white sand after walking on Daytona's shores.  We also got a kick out of our first restaurant choice on the weekend.  I had no idea that Twin Peaks was more like a Tilted Kilt.  I assumed that it was named after the television series of the same name, but was definitely wrong about that.  It was a little awkward at first, but the food and service were very good.




Since we had done everything in Fort Myers, the Everglades and Naples that we had planned, we decided to take an adventure today.  I really wanted to visit my grandparents long time Florida hometown, Arcadia.  I hadn't been there since Cal was born and was very interested in seeing what it looked like now.  I was thankful that Cameron and Doug agreed to the idea.

Our fist stop was downtown Arcadia, so we could check out my grandparents favorite restaurant, Wheelers.  I was impressed with how much the downtown had been updated.  We walked in the restaurant and by the storefronts taking pictures.  Next on our list was a surprise visit to my Mom's cousin, Bobbie.  We were thrilled that she was home and ready to host us for a little while.  We had a wonderful conversation and enjoyed meeting her granddaughters.  Our last stop was a disappointment to me.  My grandparents had absolutely loved their home on Masters Rd.  It was incredibly sad to see what had become of it.  Thankfully, they will never know.








After touring Arcadia, we headed to Tampa International to pick up Meg.  A severe storm delayed us, but Meg didn't mind.  She checked out the shops at the airport before we arrived.  Meg then chose our lunch stop, Ford's Garage.  It was the second one of the weekend for us, but first for Meg.  She really enjoyed her salmon dinner and we were all glad to have her in Florida for the week.  Tonight, Phil stopped by so that we could play games.  It was a lot of fun and a great way to relax after such a busy weekend.  





No comments:

Post a Comment