Wednesday, June 29, 2022

The Drive Home

Cameron, Brett and I all slept in this morning.  Brett said that he was still sore when he woke up.  I cut his hair once we got up and around, and then we played several rounds of Exploding Kittens.  That went better than Monopoly, although Brett and I never won a game.  Brett ran to get Doug's birthday gift afterward while Cameron and I packed the Pilot for the trip home.  

We all met at Big Woods for lunch.  It wasn't very crowded and we enjoyed a nice meal together.  We discussed several recent topics in the news while we waited for our food.  The sandwiches were delicious and Brett tried a few of their beers as well.

After lunch we headed to "Hoosier Putt Hole."  Cameron had challenged us all to a round of miniature golf.  He soon took the lead, but the match remained close between Brett and I.  Brett ended up beating me by one.  It was a lot of fun.







Cameron and I left from Ellettsville for home around 3 p.m.  Doug and I had decided to let Cameron drive.  We felt that he needed experience driving on I-465.  That way if he ever needed to travel on it on his own, he would have at least done it once.  I was impressed with how well he did.  Cameron's driven a lot this past year and he was more than capable of handling the four lane road.  The only down part of the trip was when Meg called to complain about Cameron getting to drive on 465 before she did.  We made her wait until she was 19.  Brett said that he was 20, so she had nothing to complain about.  I decided to stay out of the debate.  I was just very glad that Cameron had risen to the challenge and that we had arrived home safely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment