Thursday, June 30, 2022

An All Nighter - Almost

Doug spent the week working in Florida.  When he booked his flights, he decided to try flying home on Thursday night instead of Friday morning.  With all of the cancellations recently, he was skeptical that he would get out this evening, but after only a half hour delay on the tarmac at Orlando he was on his way to Indianapolis with the arrival time of 12:47 a.m.

Knowing that Doug really wanted to drive home tonight instead of staying in Indy, I decided to do my best to stay up until he got here.  I was up late last night watching Downton Abbey so that I could sleep in today.  I also came up with some projects that I could work on late this evening  to keep me busy when I got tired.  It really helped that Cameron came home tonight at 10 p.m. and wanted to play Euchre and also that my parents were ready for a late night activity as well.  That kept me busy until 11:30 p.m. 

Doug called when he got on I-465 to let me know that he was on his way home with the expected arrival time of 4 a.m.  He had slept on the plane, so he told me that I didn't have to stay up.  I really wanted to try, however, as I thought that would help if he needed some one to talk to on his drive.  Around 2 a.m. I wasn't sure that I would be able to stay awake, but after talking to Doug several times, watching a few Law & Orders and working on some of the projects that I had lined up it was soon 3:30.  By that time Doug was well past Sidney and thankfully had not been detoured by a stopped train.  He had stopped for a big pop at Casey's in Peru and had listened to Rocky 3 on the Rewatchables.  Both of those activities and our several phone calls made his trip home a lot easier.  I was more than happy to see him when he arrived.  He wasn't quite ready for bed, but I definitely was glad to say "Goodnight!"  


No comments:

Post a Comment