Monday, June 6, 2022

Stranger Things

Stranger Things season four arrived on Netflix Memorial Day weekend and we were all excited to watch it.  The show hadn't had a new episode since the pandemic hit and we wanted to find out what happened to our favorite characters, especially Hopper as it was unclear whether he survived the explosion in the last episode of season three.  Cameron and I made time to watch one of the episodes when Brett was here visiting, but hadn't really been able to watch anymore since then.  Meg couldn't wait, so she and Nick finished the seven episodes last weekend when she was in West LaFayette.

For the first time in two weeks, Cameron didn't have anyone on his agenda today expect for evening tennis, so we decided after lunch to start episode two.  The first half of it was a little hard to take with an intense bullying scene, but the ending of the episode left us ready for more.  As good as it was we took a break so that I could get a haircut.  I had had to postpone my appointment multiple times these past two weeks due to recent events and didn't want to miss it again.  I arrived back to see Cameron jogging by the high school.  I was a little surprised since he had a tennis match tonight.  When I arrived home, I found out why he was exercising,  tennis had been postponed until Wednesday.  I was bummed to hear that, but glad that we were all available to watch more Stranger Things tonight.

Meg and I took a walk before dinner and then she and Cameron stopped by Grandma's for a little while.  We started episode three at 7:30 and didn't turn off the television until we finished the fifth one four hours later.  It was very intense and hard to turn off, but we decided that we'd wait until tomorrow to finish the first part of season four.  We all agreed that Steve was our favorite character so far and that Dustin was even funnier than in previous seasons.  There were some surprising deaths and it was more ghoulish than in the past feeling more like a Freddy Krueger movie.  It even had a guest appearance by Robert Englund.  I called Brett before I went to bed and he was well on his way to catching up to us.  Overall, it was a great way to spend a muggy, rainy summer day and I couldn't wait to see what happened next.


No comments:

Post a Comment