Saturday, June 18, 2022

Convention Time

In November, Brett was elected as delegate to represent Monroe County for Republican Party at the state convention.  His best friend, Sean, was also chosen to be a delegate along with several people that Brett knew from around the state.  Today's convention was held in Indianapolis and was an exciting day for him.  He texted multiple times during the day to give us updates and send pictures.  We were both glad to hear that the two candidates that he supported, one for State Treasurer and the other for Secretary of the State of Indiana, had won their nomination.  

Brett called afterward and talked non-stop about his day.  From getting up early, to taking pictures with politicians and friends, to the number of ballots that each person needed to win.  The closest race was the treasurer with Eliot only winning by three votes.  I had followed a lot of the races with him as the state Republican party had my phone number instead of his, so they would text me the information and I would send it on to him.  We tried to change that, but couldn't.  In the end, I was glad to be involved.  Several times I would get survey calls during the day.  I could answer them while Brett was working and fill them out with his opinions.  

As much fun as I had being a part of this with Brett and listening to his update tonight, my favorite interaction actually came from Sean.  Once Brett's phone battery died, he used Sean's to text me the results.  In the middle of the information, I got a text that said, "This is Sean!  And now that I have your number I will spam cute baby pictures!" That was definitely alright with me.  



No comments:

Post a Comment