Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Luncheon

A couple of weeks ago, I texted Mary to see if she was free for lunch anytime soon.  She suggested this week and asked if I wanted to contact a few of our other friends as well.  Paula, Wendy and Betsy agreed to join us at Oakwood this afternoon.  I was incredibly glad to see everyone.  I enjoyed listening to all that they had going on in their lives.  Paula had a new position at Wawasee.  Mary talked about Deea's upcoming wedding.  Betsy was starting to deal with the reality that after next year her house would be empty, and Wendy filled us in on all of that she had been doing with her dogs.  

I talked a lot about the past month in the Heinisch home - the ups and the downs.  I appreciated all of their support and thoughts on several issues that we had been dealing with lately.  I was also thankful for their excitement for the success of our children.  Paula gave me a lot of tips on what to do with Cameron as he continues his journey dealing with Richard's death.  Grief was something that she knew only too well.  All in all it was a fantastic lunch and I can't wait to do it again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment