Wednesday, June 15, 2022

I am not Getting Out of Bed for Three Days

Today, Cameron played in his second tournament in as many days.  This one was at Beechwood in LaPorte.   The drive was longer than usual, but the tee time was in Central time, so we didn't have to get up as early.  Cameron felt pretty good about it when he arrived.  He had shot a 93 there last year and definitely wanted to do better than that.  He was disappointed that so few people were playing once again, but didn't let that bother him.  He just said that he liked it better when there were 20+ in his age group instead of less than ten.  

Cameron started off well, hitting the ball straight.  The course was tight, so I knew that would make a big difference in how he scored.  He liked the player that he was paired with for the match.  His mom was nice too, which made the day more enjoyable.  Grandma had rode along with us and got a cart.  I appreciated that as it was hot today and I would be able to sit down for part of the round.  

In the end, Cameron did break 93.  He shot 88 which was good enough for fifth place.  He was disappointed in his play on the day, especially in his approach shots.  I could see where he thought that, but a lost ball and an uncharacteristic four putt were the difference for him between 1st and 5th.  The course played tough today with the extreme heat, slow play (they teed a ladies league off in front of the tournament), and rock hard greens.  Either way, I was glad that he had played the last two days and was thankful for a break from the sport tomorrow.

On the way home we stopped at Portillo's for a late lunch.  Cameron enjoyed that and Doug appreciated the "Big Beef" that we brought home for him.  While we were driving, Cameron said that he was absolutely exhausted.  He planned to "go to bed as soon as he got home and not get up for three days."  I told him that I thought it was a good idea.  I mentioned it to Doug when he arrived home.  We both laughed as we knew that wouldn't last.  Sure enough, about an hour and a half after we arrived, Cameron walked downstairs and said, "I've changed my mind.  I'm going to go to tennis tonight."  Neither of us were surprised.  





No comments:

Post a Comment