Friday, June 24, 2022

A Surprise Afternoon Off

Doug called this morning to let me know that he was thinking of taking a half day off.  The power was out in Ocala, so most of his meetings had been cancelled.  He was caught up on his work and was ready for a break.  He didn't have to ask me twice.  I was glad to have him home on this beautiful day.  

I asked Doug on his way home what he wanted to do with his free afternoon.  He gave me a list of everything he wanted to accomplish - drop off Phil's rings at the jewelers, put another coat on the basement bathroom,  and work on the yard were just a few of the items on his to-do list.  I wasn't surprised to hear his agenda, but was glad that he also added take a walk, play Ticket to Ride, have a bonfire and grill out.  






Doug managed to accomplish all that he set out to do plus one more activity.  Last night he casually asked me who would win in a game of corn hole, him or I?  I think I might have laughed out loud when he asked the question.  Doug wasn't known for his mastery of the backyard game.  I was a little nervous when we played this afternoon, however, as all of the Heinisch children had let me know that it would be absolutely embarrassing if I lost.  Thankfully, I was able to rise to the challenge with a 21-3 victory.  In the end Doug didn't mind losing, he was just incredibly happy to have the afternoon off from work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment