Thursday, June 23, 2022

Checking Out at 70

Cameron told me a couple of days ago that he thought that living past 70 would be too much for him.  In his opinion he felt that once someone hit their 70s that all they did was read the obituaries, talk about their health issues and complain about the weather.  He thought that you ought to be able to "check out" once you got to that age.  I had to laugh when he told me this.  I realized that he would probably feel different once he reached his 60s, but for now could understand how he arrived at that opinion.  

Cameron had spent a lot of time with my parents growing up and now that he was the only Heinisch child left in the house he got to spend even more time with them and us.  Last week I drove him nuts when I talked about all of the downed trees from the intense storm we had.  He has banned all talk about the weather and has even given orders that he will not receive any more snacks from anyone.  

I told my group of friends what Cameron thoughts were.  They thought it was funny.  Grandpa Cutes got a laugh out of it as well, especially when we reminded him about flinging his teeth across the Mexican restaurant floor on Mother's Day.  I'm not sure that Grandma Jane enjoyed Cameron's opinion, but that didn't get him to change it any.  I am glad that he enjoys his youth and hope that he continues to appreciate it for many more years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment