Wednesday, June 1, 2022

One Tough Day

Today was Richard's visitation and it was a tough one to get through.  Cameron definitely struggled with the sadness of it and was in a bad mood when he finally returned home.  Meg and I didn't blame him as we had also attended the visitation this afternoon and thought that it was incredibly sad.  We arrived after Cameron had left for golf practice and I was kind of glad that we did.  I couldn't stop sobbing as I watched the video tribute of Richard's life.  I know that it would have been even worse had I seen Cameron there. 

The tribute was very nice and I was thankful to see how much Richard had smiled in each and every picture and video.  The prom pictures were the most challenging to look at as it was only a little over a month ago that all of the boys were together having a great time.  It was obvious from the pictures that Richard's family and his life at Bethany was extremely important to him.  His death would leave a big hole in both.  I know that we will never make sense of all of this, but I do hope that we will always think of Richard as the boy smiling and laughing in those pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment