Monday, September 30, 2019

We're Having a Heat Wave

I spent a good portion of the day getting the Halloween decorations out.  It was so strange to be decorating for the fall season with the weather we were having today.  I went for a walk at 2 and it felt like the end of July.  It was hot and humid and I was completely drenched in sweat when I got back.  I noticed that when I was putting out squirrel corn there were a lot of leaves down in the backyard.  That made it even more strange as it looked like fall, but felt like summer.   Doug even mowed when he got home tonight.  My Mom told me that she remembered the weather being exactly like this when Granny and PawPaw moved back to Indiana almost twenty years ago.  She also said that it led to an early winter.  I do not wish for that, but I would be fine with a break from the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment