Sunday, September 15, 2019

A Quiet Sunday

Cal was busy working and studying this morning, but Meg met us for lunch.  She was supposed to meet her group for Business Presentations, but they all baled on her.  She was annoyed, but glad to have been able to join us.  She grabbed a burrito from Chipotle and the rest of us tried Potbelly Sandwich Shop. It was the perfect day to eat outside as the weather was just gorgeous.  We talked for quite awhile.  Doug was impressed with how well Meg had adjusted to college.  She already had a group to do things with and was taking her classes seriously.  She and Brett made plans to have lunch together on Friday afternoon and might get together Saturday night as well.

The trip home was a quick one.  I was glad for that as traffic on 31 has been stopped at times due to construction.  Cameron texted Bailee most of the ride, trying to make plans for next Sunday.  Doug started mowing as soon as we unpacked the van.  It took me quite awhile to put everything away, but I didn't mind as I needed the steps.  I took a walk when I finished, while Doug did the elliptical.  He and I went to dinner at Oakwood which was extremely relaxing.  My parents came up afterward to play Oh Hell.  Cam opted out so that he could FaceTime Bailee.  Mom and Dad were happy to announce that they finished third in the Big Cup mixed scramble today.  That took the sting out of Doug taking the "w" in cards.  

No comments:

Post a Comment