Thursday, September 26, 2019

Adutling

We spent an hour this evening with Dave Sands talking about investment ideas for Cam’s 529 and my retirement fund from teaching.  The amount of money we were talking about wasn’t a lot, but we did gain a great deal of information from the meeting.  We opened Cam’s 529 with a plan to put in the full amount needed to earn the $1000 tax credit from the state of Indiana.  From our meeting we found out that we could do continue to do that through Cam's time in college and still keep earning the tax credit.  Thus, just like Meg, the state of Indiana would really pay for a $1000 of his education.

We also learned tonight that I will have to close out my 403b and put it in an IRA.  Doug and I were ready to do that as I do not plan to return to teaching.  The best news was that Dave also informed us that I could close my state teacher’s retirement fund and add that to my new IRA account.  We were both happy with that information.  Doug let my parents know later in the that he was glad to have that all settled.  Now when he “kicked me out to the curb," I’d at least have a little bit of money to take with me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment