Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Lunch Date

I told Cameron that I was going to meet his Dad for lunch this morning.  He responded immediately with, "Hmmm, a lunch date??"  Technically he was correct.  Doug and I had made plans several days ago to spend his lunch hour together this afternoon.  I met him at his office close to noon and helped him dig his favorite mug out of his closest before we left - "Dad is #2" made by Cameron a dozen years ago.  We ate at Bacon Hill Kitchen & Pub.  Doug had been there before, but I never had.  We each ordered different chicken sandwiches and were not disappointed.  They had opened the patio for us and we appreciated the time outside.  It was very nice to see Doug during the day.  Besides talking to him briefly when he runs out to get a pop daily, I really don't get much time with him until dinner which can be anywhere between 7 and 8:30 p.m.

Doug and I went our separate ways after lunch.  He headed back into work, while I went to the car wash.  Once I cleaned out the Pilot, I stopped at Woldruff's.  They were having a sale and I needed a new pair of Birkenstocks as I had worn my out.  They had exactly what I wanted and I was in and on my way quickly.  I had just enough time to unload my groceries and get gas before stopping at my parents to watch "America Says."

Tonight Doug and I ate outside once again.  He had made chicken curry after exercising and getting a haircut.  Cam finally told him that he really didn't enjoy Doug's staple dish.  Thus, Doug threw a frozen pizza in for him and he laughed as he said, "Well, it's a first.  Meg actually likes something that Cam and Cal do not."  While Doug and I enjoyed dinner together he mentioned that he had never seen me as relaxed as I had been these past two weeks.  I was surprised by his comment, but in thinking about it realized that I had been a lot less anxious lately.  He asked me if I knew why.  I honestly did not.  I wondered out loud if it was because Meg was settle at IU and felt positive about her situation.  Last year had been a tough one for her and she felt a lot better now.  Brett was also happier about his current situation than he had been during the long nights of studying last year.  The calls home were now more orientated toward favorite movies or dinners out with friends.  Cal had started the job search process this fall, but had already found success leaving not much to worry about.  I could tell Doug for sure that it was a lot easier to take care of the house with only the three of us at home and just Cameron's schedule to follow.  Without a graduation party to get ready for, I not only had less projects and cleaning to do, but I also had more time to walk.  In all honesty, I also realized that my lower anxiety level could be due to a change in hormones or the fact that when I did not feel good, I gave myself permission to rest.  Whatever the reason, I knew that Doug was correct and I was more relaxed which was fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment