Tuesday, September 24, 2019

The Quiet Life

The quiet reality of only having one of the Heinisch children at home was never more apparent than today.  This morning I dropped Cam off at school at 7:20 a.m. and didn't see him again until after 9 p.m.  This wasn't the first time that I had a day to myself.  In fact with only one schedule to follow there has been a lot of down time this fall.

After the crazy schedule that we had last year, I am not complaining.  I miss the older three when they aren't here, but they are great about keeping in contact.  I talk to Meg every day and hear from Brett and Cal quite often via text.  I appreciate hearing from them and when they are busy, I use the extra time to work on projects around the house, walk or read.  Today I was able to finally clean out my jewelry chest and nightstand.  This had been on my to do list since last Spring, and it was nice to finally cross it off the project agenda.  While organizing I also ran across several pieces of jewelry that Jeanette had given us before she died.  I thoroughly enjoyed looking at them and can't wait to show Meg.

No comments:

Post a Comment