Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Ready for This to End

I have felt absolutely awful since last Tuesday with headaches, joint pain and overall fatigue.  I've spent more time resting than normal and have lived on Tylenol.  Along with the physical pain, my anxiety has hit an all time high.  This morning was terrible.  I woke up at 3:30 a.m. and could not fall back to sleep.  Thankfully, Doug was available to take Cam to school so I could go back to bed after I made his lunch and told him to have a great day.

Meg woke me up at 10:30 a.m. this morning when she called.  She wanted to check on me as she knew from our conversations last night and over the weekend that I hadn't been feeling the best.  Although I still had a headache, I was glad to talk to her.  She was happy to let me know that she had finally figured out how to get the memo that she needed from the DSS.  Now she would be able to meet with her professors about her eye disability.  Besides today's classes she also had plans to go to Chick Fil A for dinner tonight and to a cooking club meeting.

Although she wanted me to admit that I hadn't been feeling well because she left for college, she said that she really thought it was due to the hormonal changes that occur to most women later in life.  Doug would agree with her on that statement.  As I realize that this might definitely be the case, I have decided that the best course of action would be to continue resting, exercising and eating well.  I followed that routine for the afternoon and by the end of the evening I actually felt well enough to play Oh Hell.  I am positive that I will never enjoy this new normal, but at least now I have a plan on how to deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment