Friday, September 6, 2019

Back to B-Town

Doug picked up Cam as soon tennis practice was over.  I had spent the afternoon packing the Pilot so that I would be ready to leave as soon as they called me from Bethany.  My Mom rode with me to Milford to bring the van back for us.  The trip down was uneventful except for a couple of rain showers.  My Mom texted me when she got back to our house.  Her six mile trip was a little more stressful than ours.  Doug had ran the gas down to E and by the time she got to the high school, the gage said that she only had six miles left.  I knew that she would be fine as I have run it down to one mile before.  She, however, wasn't as confident.  Thankfully, she made it safely.  Doug said that he was just getting back at her for all of the times she beat him at Oh Hell!

Once we got to Bloomington we first stopped at Brett's apartment.  The supplies we brought for the tailgate took up a lot of room and we had to pick up Meg and Cal for dinner at Red Robin.  Our meal was definitely an interesting one.  Cal had been out to the bars with his friends beforehand and was pretty hyped up when we sat down.  Needless to say the conversation was lively and loud.  Brett met us toward the end of the evening.  He had been at Andrew's for dinner earlier in the night.  It was close to eleven when we headed to the car.  As Brett walked to his, he looked at Cal and then laughed as he said to me, "Ok, I don't ever want to hear anything about me having too much to drink again!"




No comments:

Post a Comment