Saturday, September 7, 2019

First Home Game of the Season

Today was the first IU home game of the season and we were there to enjoy all of the festivities.  It had been several years since we had tailgated in the grass lots and we thoroughly enjoyed it.  There was plenty of room to set up our IU tent and still have space to throw around the football and frisbee during the afternoon.  Doug had gotten up early to put the brats and hot dogs in the crockpot.  We were pleased that the electric generator that we had bought kept the crockpot warm over the two and a half hours that we were tailgating.  We were also happy that we had made plenty of food.  Brett, Meg and Cam joined us from the beginning and were able to eat their fill before Cal and his friends showed up.  They all appreciated the pasta salad, carrots with ranch, chips, Snickerdoodles, brownies to go along with the brats and hot dogs.  We had fun meeting Cal's friends and enjoyed hanging out with Brett before he had to work at the Union.  Meg made contact with Mark so that she would now be able to text him for help with Finite.  By the time we left for the IU vs. Eastern Illinois game everyone had had a wonderful afternoon together and Cam accepted his defeat at washers by Brett pretty well.  His only complaint was that David had "forced" him into being a Lions fan for the next couple of weeks.




                           
  


                             


  










 

It was a lot of fun going to a game.  I hadn't been in years and enjoyed the band and entertainment during the timeouts.  EIU wasn't quite up to the challenge of playing the Hoosiers.  Therefore, it was completely lopsided.  I left at the half when the score was 35-0.  My back had had enough of the bleachers and I was pretty sure that IU would hold on for a victory.  I walked back to Brett's old apartment at Hepburn.  He had parked his car there earlier in the afternoon and given me the extra key in case I needed it.  Brett had gotten the windshield fixed this week and it made a big difference while I was driving it.  Meg and I used it to do some shopping as she needed a couple of items from Target.  By the time we picked up her dinner at Chick Fil A and returned to Brett's apartment, Doug and Cam were back, happy with IU's 49-0 win.





Doug, Cam and I spent the rest of the evening ordering pizza, bowling and walking through campus.  I was thrilled with my bowling score.  I rolled a 154 which was the highest I could ever remember.  Meg skipped out on our plan's for the night and went back to the dorm to study.  Cam and I met her outside Read at 10 p.m. waiting for Doug to get back with breadsticks.  We then picked Brett up from work.  It had been a long night and he was happy to be done.  We spent the rest of the evening playing Ticket to Ride before heading to bed.  It had been a wonderful day in Bloomington.

                        





No comments:

Post a Comment