Friday, July 12, 2019

What a Gorgeous Day!

It was absolutely beautiful today.  I took advantage of the nice weather by taking a long walk this morning and being outside as much as possible this afternoon.  The ten day forecast was calling for a return to temperatures in the nineties and high heat indexes once again.  I was sad to learn that this was to be the last of the stretch of gorgeous weather.

I picked up Cameron from tennis camp close to 2:30.  He had had a great time, but was really tired.  They had played tennis five to six hours each day.  They did have fun as well with games of hide and seek, cards and trips to Pizza King.  I only got to visit with him for about ten minutes or so.  He had plans to go to Conner's class party and wanted to get there in time to shower before the event started.  Cam filled Doug in on his week and the great time he had had at Conner's when he picked him up at nine, but after that he was more than ready for bed.

Meg came home from break at 4:30 today.  I had picked up pizza for her and Nick.  They had a little over an hour to visit before I had to run her back to camp.  She was ready for the week to be over, but sad to see her campers leave.  Doug grilled out for he and I once I got home.  We spent the rest of the evening outside enjoying a bonfire.  Our neighbor had his sound system on ten.  I had to laugh as his play list mirrored Doug with Rolling Stones, The Who, and many more of his favorites.  Doug sure enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment