Friday, July 19, 2019

Not What He Hoped For

This morning Cam, Grandma, Grandpa and I left early for his golf tourney at Maplecrest.  Cameron was optimistic about his chances.  He had been playing well these past few weeks and was hopeful for a top tier finish.  Unfortunately, it wasn't in the cards.  He didn't play poorly, but just couldn't find a fairway.  He was disappointed with his ninety, but was sure that he would rebound for his next tournament at Chestnut Hills on Tuesday.

The heat wave that was predicted finally came to fruition with temperatures this morning in the upper 80s and heat indexes well above that.  I stayed in the shade as much as possible and cut out as many steps as I could.  Even with these precautions, I was still completely exhausted by the time I reached the Pilot at the end of Cam's round.  I was thankful that I was able to get in my 10,000 steps even with my shortcuts.  I knew that I didn't want to walk much the rest of the day.

Meg was home when we arrived.  She had eaten lunch and was working on her class.  By the time I got back from running her to camp, Cal had arrived as well, home for the weekend.  He went back and forth between our house and Mom's until Doug arrived home.  He was as happy to get the CR-V back as I was to have the van in our garage.  He left soon afterward to go to Hacienda and to see the Lion King with Hannah-Marie.  While they were out, Doug and I went to Huntington Street to eat.  Cam just wanted to hang out at home.  Once we got back, Grandma and Grandpa came up to play Oh Hell.  Doug was the big winner tonight.  Cal arrived as we finished.  We were glad to hear that he and HM both enjoyed the movie very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment