Monday, July 1, 2019

Heat Wave

Wow, it was HOT today.  The weather has definitely changed from the rainy days of June.  No complaints here, but it did change what I did this evening.  Our morning was busy as Cameron had an eye doctor's appointment.  It went well, but by the time we ordered his new glasses it was after 11 a.m. before we got home.  I still had clothes and bedding to put away from last week's camp adventure.  Thus, I did not take a walk until 1:30.  I tried staying in the shade as much as possible, but realized once I got home that I had had too much of the heat.  I tried my best to cool off and rest, but still didn't feel too great when I picked up Meg.

Thankfully, we did not have much on our agenda tonight, so staying inside was not a problem.  Meg caught us up on her new cabin.  It was a lot more work with the six to nine year olds, but it was going well so far.  She had taken a fan to help her sleep and was enjoying arts and crafts.  Cameron played golf with my Mom this afternoon, so he enjoyed a quiet night at home as well.  Doug made dinner once he arrived and we spent the rest of the evening watching one of our favorites - Enemy of the State.  By the time I got ready for bed, I did feel a lot better.  Tomorrow I will return to my early morning walking routine.  Hopefully, the heat won't bother me then.

No comments:

Post a Comment